Skip to Main Content
Go to ILO main website
Act No. 355/2007 of 21 June 2007 on protection, encouragement and development of public heath.
Occupational safety and health
Adopted on (Date of text)
Scope of text
Type of legislation (Type of text)
Zakon o ochrane, podpore a rozvoji verejneho zdravia a o zmene a doplneni niektorych zakonov
Section 12(4) regulates measures to prevent labour related sicknesses and their limitation.
Third Heading of Fifth Part (Sections 30 - 42) regulates occupational health protection:
- Section 30: Obligations in occupational health protection;
- Section 31: Evaluation of health risks and categorization of works;
- Section 32: Protection of employees from noise during work;
- Section 33: Protection of employees from vibration during work;
- Section 34: Protection of employees from electromagnetic emissions during work;
- Section 35: Protection of health from optical emissions during work;
- Section 36: Lighting during work;
- Section 37: Protection of health against stress due to heat and cold during work;
- Section 38: Protection of health against physical stress, mental stress and sensory stress during work;
- Section 39: Protection of employees during work with chemical factors;
- Section 40: Protection of employees during work with carcinogens and mutagens;
- Section 41: Protection of employees during work with asbestos;
- Section 42: Protection of employees during work with biological factors;
Section 52 regulates inter alia the obligations of employers in health protection.
Section 61 (q) to (s) gives to the Ministry of health regulatory powers in different domains of occupational health.
Entry dates region
Date of entry into force
Gradual Entry dates region
Date of gradual entry into force
Provisions in Division I, Section 5(4)(f) and Section 6(3)(c)
Implementing Text region
Decree No. 542/2007 on details of occupational health protection against physical stress, mental stress and sensory stress.
Decree No. 544/2007 on details of health protection when working under stress due to heat or cold.
Decree of the Ministry of Health of the Slovak Republic No. 585/2008 of 10 December 2008 which establishes details on the prevention and control of communicable diseases.
Repealed Text region
Ordinance No. 359/2006 on protection against adverse effects of exposure to physical, mental and sensorial stress at work.
Ordinance No. 351/2006 on health protection against the effects of optical emissions at work.
Related Text region
Act No. 87 of 13 March 2018 on radiation protection and the amendment of some laws.
Electronic source title
Act on-line in Slovak
Electronic source title
Slov-Lex (Legal and information Portal)
SVK-84279.pdf (PDF (as amended up to January 2023))