Skip to Main Content
Go to ILO main website
Public Sector Pensions Act 2011 (c.18).
Isle of Man
Specific categories of workers; Public and civil servants
Adopted on (Date of text)
Scope of text
Type of legislation (Type of text)
An Act to establish the Public Sector Pensions Authority; to make new provision for the superannuation of persons in the public service; and for connected purposes.
1. Short title
5. Public Sector Pensions Authority
6. Functions of the PSPA
8. Superannuation funds
9. Contributions and payments
10. Accounts and reports
11. Inter-scheme transfers
12. Interchange with other public sector schemes
13. Dispute resolution
15. Schemes and regulations
16. Financial provision
17. Transitional provisions, amendments and repeals
Schedule 1 - Transitional Provisions
Schedule 2 - Amendments to Pensions (Increase) Act 1974
Schedule 3 - Repeal of Enactments
Repeals or Amends the following Acts or parts of Acts:
- Pensions (Increase) Act 1974 Schedule 2.
- Superannuation Act 1984 c.8 - The whole Act.
- Fire Services Act 1984 - In Schedule 2, paragraph 5.
- Treasury Act 1985 - In Schedule 2, paragraph 368.
- Police Act 1993 - In Schedule 2, paragraph 2.
- Statute Law Revision Act 1997 - In Schedule 1, paragraph 53.
- National Health Service Act 2001 - In Schedule 4, paragraph 7.
- Education Act 2001 - In Schedule 10, paragraph 14.
- Data Protection Act 2002 In Schedule 12, paragraph 1.
Entry dates region
Date of entry into force
Amended Text region
Education Act 2001 (c.33).
Amending Text region
Public Services Commission Act 2015 (Act No. 1 of 2015).
Electronic source title
Isle of Man Government
GBR91398 2020.pdf (PDF of Act as amended to 2020)