An Act to make provision with respect to: divorce and separation; legal aid in connection with mediation in disputes relating to family matters; proceedings in cases where marriages have broken down; rights of occupation of certain domestic premises; prevention of molestation; the inclusion in certain orders under the Children Act 1989 of provisions about the occupation of a dwelling-house; the transfer of tenancies between spouses and persons who have lived together as husband and wife; and for connected purposes.
Repeals the following:
- The Domestic Violence and Matrimonial Proceedings Act 1976 (c.50);
- The Domestic Violence and Matrimonial Proceedings Act 1976 (c.19);
- The Matrimonial Homes Act 1983.
Also amends the following:
- The Domestic and Appellate Proceedings (Restriction of Publicity) Act 1968;
- The Matrimonial Causes Act 1973;
- The Domicile and Matrimonial Proceedings Act 1973;
- The Domestic Proceedings and Magistrates¿ Courts Act 1978;
- The Magistrates¿ Courts Act 1980;
- The Senior Courts Act 1981;
- The Administration of Justice Act 1982;
- The Matrimonial and Family Proceedings Act 1984;
- The Administration of Justice Act 1985;
- The Housing (Consequential Provisions) Act 1985;
- The Building Societies Act 1986;
- The Family Law Act 1986;
- The Legal Aid Act 1988;
- The Housing Act 1988;
- The Children Act 1989;
- The Courts and Legal Services Act 1990;
- The Private International Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1995.